💡 For assistance, please feel free to get in touch with us via live chat, email, or WhatsApp/text message on: +447400074040
For certain actions on the terminal such as configuration changes and accessing transactional data, you will require a passcode which has been set by KodyPay. Please ensure that you have this four-digit passcode before starting setup. Be sure to keep note of it internally, and only share it with relevant members of staff.
Before we begin, please check to ensure that you have received the following in your onboarding pack:
- S1F2 payment terminal
- USB cable and power plug for charging
- Charging base
- Receipt paper roll
If you are missing any of these, please get in touch with us. We'll often be able to supply replacement parts the same day!
Turning on the terminal
Turning off the terminal
- Press and hold the power button on the right-hand side of the terminal until a pop-up appears. You will then be shown a set of power off options. You can try "Restart" or "Power off".
Setting up your terminal
- Insert a receipt roll
- Press on the sides of the terminal's paper roll cover and open the cover
- Place the paper roll and close the cover, making sure the paper sticks out a bit over the contactless logo
- Press and hold the power button which can be found on the side of the terminal keep the button pressed until the display turns on
- On the welcome screen, select your language
- Connect your terminal to the Wi-Fi
- After selecting your language, select the arrow button which pops up
- On the setup Wi-Fi screen, select the + sign
- Turn on the WLAN toggle switch
- Select a Wi-Fi network from the list
- Enter the Wi-Fi password
- Select ‘Ok’
- On the confirm store screen, double check it is your store you can verify this as the address which shows up should be your store address it will also show a unique ID which we will share with you beforehand and if the address and ID are correct select the check mark button. If it is not your store please reach out to your main contact at KodyPay.
Setting up your payments app
On the top-left corner of your terminal's home screen, you should see an app called ‘Payments’. Please click on the app and follow the below instructions:
If a customer does not want a receipt, you can select ‘skip,’ and the merchant receipt will print out for your copy. You can reprint the receipt by finding the transaction in transaction history shown in the next section.
Mail order & telephone payments (MOTO)
From the App's main menu you can select the "Manual Payment" option to begin a MOTO payment.
Transaction history & refunds
Totals & end-of-day reports
Select settings, followed by Device info and the screen will show:
- Model, serial number and IP address of the terminal
- Software version that the terminal is currently using
- The configuration version
- Merchant account the terminal belongs too (KodyPay)
- The store that the terminal is boarded to and the store address (Your store)
Updating connection settings
- If at any time you need to change your Wi-Fi settings please follow these steps:
- Select Settings and then select Network
- Enter your passcode
- Select Wi-Fi, you can now:
- Turn Wi-Fi on or off using the WLAN toggle switch
- Add another network as described above
If for any reason your terminal loses wifi connection the terminal can be used on a 3G/4G Network, in order to switch to 3G/4G please select:
- Then turn the wifi toggle off and it will then connect to 3G/4G.
If you cannot get the terminal to work after following the below steps, please contact your KodyPay account manager.
If a terminal stops working, please first try turning it off and on again, you can also remove the battery at the back of the terminal.
You can also force update the terminal if payments are failing, you will need to reach out to your KodyPay account manager for the admin password and select:
- If there is an update available it will say ‘update now’ if that’s not the case please select factory reset.
Payment terminal menu
When first booting up your terminal, it's useful to know what each of the icons on-screen do.